Caretaker - Student Accommodation
Hours: Full time, between the hours of 8am – 8pm on a rota basis, working 5 days in a 7 day period
Sheffield City Centre
My client, an owner and operator of purpose-built student accommodation across the UK. They have already created a portfolio of over 17,000 beds and ambition to increase that further in the near future; they are at the very beginning of building their brand, culture and DNA. That makes it a really exciting time to join them.
Already a team made up of really great people and a business who will endeavour always to do the right thing, in the right way – truly putting students’ experience, welfare and safety at the top of their agenda.
Their Caretakers do just that…take care; in fact, they take great care of the grounds, properties and their customer’s homes. Ensuring properties are inviting, well maintained and safe. You’ll spend a lot of your day meeting our customers and really influencing their experience.
- Take a proactive approach to ensure that the developments are maintained to very high standards.
- Conducting or assisting with the maintenance of the building and building fabric, including repairs and redecoration as required.
- Work with our Maintenance systems to allocate work to your day and update maintenance tickets in line with training guidance and processes.
- Ensure customers are updated on the progress of their ticket.
- Carrying out reactive maintenance tasks in occupied rooms with the focus being on customer service and quality workmanship, respectful always that you are working in someone’s home.
- Act as the eyes and ears for the Property Manager for issues throughout the properties and ensure they are reported as required promptly and professionally.
- Ensure that all external services, surfaces and traffic routes are in good order and fully functional to meet their intended purpose.
- Spread grit on roadways, footpaths, car parking areas and other external hard surfaces at a suitable period of time to minimise the risk of surface ice or snow coverage
- Attend to any spillages, and other emergency cleaning requirements during working hours
- Monitor the quality of the work of contracted landscapers, take personal responsibility for ensuring no weeds are present in the grounds.
- Maintain exceptionally high levels of cleanliness and tidiness in and around bin store or refuse areas.
- Take responsibility for assessing additional refuse collection during peak seasons.
- Take responsibility for the stock held at the property.
- Conduct regular assessments of stock levels and work with the Assistant Manager to ensure stock levels are correct and items are procured in line with budget and preferred suppliers.
- Escort and assist specialist engineers/sub-contractors attending site to carry out works as and when necessary. Also supervise these contractors on occasion and ensure that the expected standards are met across all aspects of their work.
- Ensure customer retention is at the top of your mind at all times, ensuring every interaction you have with our customers is a positive one, that makes a difference to their day.
- Support the management team in our Ground Truth audits, recording and evaluating our performance against important health and safety measures.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in a fast-paced customer service environment
- Experience of working as caretaker, in a maintenance role or tradesman
- Ability to carry out basic maintenance and building fabric works
- A knowledge and understanding of electrical or mechanical engineering
- Awareness of Health & Safety practice and the need for safe methods of working
- Experience of working in facilities management
- Personable and easy to communicate with, well-liked by everyone
- An ability to demonstrate a flexible and positive ‘can do’ attitude and to become quickly established to add value to the business
- Inclusive of others, non-judgmental, fair.
- Highly organised, on time, well-presented.
In the first instance please apply by forwarding your CV, however, preference will be given to those who then follow up with a phone call.
Please contact Vicky at our Manchester office
Ritz recruitment – Employment Agency