£9,980 - £9,980/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- North West England -- Greater Manchester -- Salford
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Part time Laboratory Support Officer
Hours: 20 hours per week, 9am-1:00pm (can be flexible)
Salary: £9.60 p/h, £9,980 p/a
Our client is looking for a Lab Support Officer to ensure efficient and effective use of laboratory facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Ordering laboratory stock and creating purchase orders
- Receiving deliveries and allocating to correct departments
- Physically counting and checking stock delivered against delivery note. Flagging and troubleshooting any discrepancies
- Monitoring stock levels against agreed minimum stock levels to ensure that sufficient stock is on hand at all times.
- Renewing service contracts for laboratory equipment
- Booking service/maintenance visits for laboratory equipment
- Logging equipment faults with the manufacturer.
- Booking repairs for laboratory equipment
- Conducting weekly and monthly stock checks
- Sourcing and procuring all laboratory equipment
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ideally previous experience in a laboratory in a similar role or experience of a stock/maintenance role
- Some theoretical and practical knowledge in disciplines of Pathology
- Experience of managing stock and equipment, purchasing consumables and lab equipment
- Experience of managing the maintenance of lab equipment and consumables, liaising with manufacturers and engineers and coordinating engineers on site
- Experience of organising servicing of lab equipment
- Good organisational skills.
To work accurately, neatly and efficiently. Attention to detail is very important.
- To work in a team or as an individual
- Basic Keyboard skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- To work on own initiative
- To communicate effectively in English - both verbally and in writing.
- Use of laboratory equipment and techniques relevant to the specialty
- Experience of working to a laboratory Quality Management System.
- To communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Well-presented and will abide by dress code
- Demonstrate professionalism and a customer-focused attitude
- Calm under pressure
- Punctual and reliable
- Helpful, friendly and polite
- Flexible and adaptable
- Committed to the corporate quality objectives
In the first instance please apply by forwarding your CV, however, preference will be given to those who then follow up with a phone call.
Please contact Vicky at our Manchester office
Ritz recruitment – Employment Agency